Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fan Letters from Virginia!

Nothing makes an author feel like they're on the right track with their writing than receiving a packet of fan letters from her readers! I received an email last week from a second grade teacher in Virginia. Her class had just finished reading A Dog's Way Home. 
Riley, Ms. F., and Reagan



Hi Ms. Pyron,
I am a second grade teacher and this year my high level readers ended the year by reading your book A Dog's Way Home.  They loved it!  I am also a Sheltie owner so we were able to discuss Shelties and they were able to see my dogs.  My four top readers have written you letters.  I would like to send them to you.  Could you email me the best address to do that? 
Thank you!

So of course, I sent her my mailing address right away. A few days later, after a rather crappy day at work, I received this packet of letters from her students. One even included a photo of her with her blind dog! It made my whole week! Thanks so much to these special readers--Brooklyn, Olivia, Colin, and Kaden--from Chancellor Elementary! You guys made my week!


No comments:

Post a Comment