Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From a Kid's Eye View





One of the absolute best things about writing books for kids is the feedback you get from readers about your books! Yes, great reviews in professional journals are great and all, but hearing how much someone from your intended audience LOVED your book--it doesn't get better than that!. I think that's one of the things I love about writing for kids and teens: they so passionately embrace your book.

My good friend and fellow Utah author, Sydney Salter, shared an advance reading copy of my book, A Dog's Way Home, with her youngest daughter, Sophie. Now, Sophie is a very discriminating reader. She doesn't like just any book. So I was pretty nervous to find out Sophie's verdict of A Dog's Way Home! Much to my relief, Sophie LOVED the book! She read it at the breakfast table, as soon as she got home from school, at the dinner table...you get the picture. Which was so great for me to hear! But imagine how thrilled I was when Sydney sent me these photos of dioramas Sophie had created from the book for a school project!

For those of you who've read the book, can you guess which scenes her dioramas depict? And for those of you who haven't read it, it'll be out in three weeks!



2 comments: