|Bringing Fozzie Home|
1. How did you and that cute little Fozzie find each other? After many years of wanting one and having moved to an apartment on the ground floor with outdoor space, my husband and I decided the time was finally right to get a dog. A puppy, in fact! Having grown up with a golden retriever in upstate New York, a family friend referred us to a well-known and well-respected golden retriever breeder whose dog was expecting a litter of puppies in the fall. When the time finally came, we traveled five and a half hours by car to pick up our little eight-week-old Fozzie Franzitta on Sept. 26, 2010. And from that day on, our lives changed forever in the best possible way!
2. What makes your dog's tail wag? Oh, what doesn't make his tail wag?! Fozzie loves life. His favorite part of the day is when I get home from work--he virtually throws a party, he's so excited! He also loves, in no particular order: people, children, squirrels, the park, "cookies", his favorite stuffed animal, Zebra, bananas, his mom and dad, his best friend (and fellow GR) Shelby, and of course, tennis balls!
3. What's your all-time favorite dog story? I don't think I can pick just one. But I will say of the many dog books I've read, I loved Bliss to You: Trixie's Story, Marley and Me, Old Dogs Are the Best Dogs, and A Dog's Way Home (and I'm not just saying that because I worked on it--it's a fabulous book!)
|Growing up too fast!|
4. If Fozzie could change just one thing about you, what would it be? I think he'd change my schedule so I never had to leave him.
5. Tell us in five words what Fozzie means to you: Fozzie is my first child.