|What the Dog Said|
Randi went from writing articles about mega-stars to writing books about stars, and then original stories based on movies such as Clueless and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. She also worked closely with author HB Gilmour. Together, the wrote T*Witches, which became a ten-book series. They also wrote a number of other series for teens and tweens including Oh, Baby and Making Waves.
Fortunately, DJ is Randi's forever dog. Let's meet the two of them in today's Fido and Friend in Five:
1. How did you and DJ (Desmond Jones) find each other? Our dog is a Barbet. He's a French water dog--very much like a Portuguese water dog, which we've had in the past. That's the same kind of dog President Obama and his family have. We were looking for a similar breed--that is, a non-shedder, medium sized, good with kids, less headstrong than the Porties, joyful, and loyal. We found the Barbet at the "Meet the Breeds" expo in New York City, sponsored by the AKC. Right now, the Barbet is on the "waiting list" for acceptance into the AKC. So far, it's rare in the U.S., but very popular in Europe and Canada. In fact, this year, we are part of the group exhibiting our dog a the very same "Meet the Breeds" expo in which we found him. He's a great pup and I hope to get another (her name would be Mollie Jones. Desmond and Mollie are from the Beatles song, "Obla Di, Obla Da."
2. What makes DJ's tail wag? Going for a walk, getting treats, playing with other dogs, getting his belly rubbed. Lots of petting and affection.
3. What's your all-time favorite dog story? I have to say, What the Dog Said. I did read The Story of Edward Sawtell and The Art of Racing in the Rain, and other popular books. Alas, I wasn't impressed. I plan to read others--including your newest.
4. If DJ could change just one thing about you, what would it be? Letting him eat table food, and never leaving him alone.
5. In five words, tell us what DJ means to you: Unconditional love, affection, companionship, laughter (puppies are hysterical!), happiness.
So, so true! Many thanks to Randi and DJ for taking time out of their busy schedules to visit Fido and Friend in Five. Be sure to check out Randi's website to see what all she's written and find out more about her. She's one prolific lady!